If you are new to 4-H, and have not yet selected a 4-H club to join, please first take a look at our Green County 4-H Clubs website.
September 3 – November 1 is our primary enrollment period for both NEW enrollments and Re-enrollments. Youth must be enrolled by November 1st, if they wish to participate in the upcoming Green County Fair.
All 4-H enrollments, whether new members or re-enrolling members as well as all adult leaders, will be done online at https://wi.4honline.com/. Please see the 4-H Enrollment Guide 2015-2016 for complete instructions on how to enroll through 4HOnline, as well as for information on the 60+ project areas we have to choose from. Please follow these important tips and reminders to help ensure your 4HOnline enrollment is completed correctly:
- Contact Information: Review your family and individual profile and make sure that all contact information is accurate.
- Code of Conduct: Read through the 4-H Code of Conduct with your son or daughter. Remember that you are signing that you have read, understand, and agree uphold this code.
- Project Youth Leaders: If you want to be a Youth Leader for a project area, help with project meetings and offer support for other project members, be sure to enroll in BOTH the regular project AND as a Youth Leader (Yth Ldr) for that project area. (Exception: You don’t need to be enrolled in Cloverbuds to be a “Cloverbud – Yth Ldr.”)
- 4-H Junior Leaders Group: Interested in getting involved with our Green County 4-H older youth group, called “Junior Leaders”? This group is open to all 4-H youth in 6th grade and older. The meetings are usually the 4th Monday of the month at 7:00pm at the UW-Extension Office. Enroll in this group by adding “Youth Leadership – Yth Ldr: Junior Leaders Group” from the project list.
- Adult Project Leaders: Adults should ONLY be enrolling in the “Ldr (Leader)” option for a project. (Not the regular project or the youth leader option.) Only adults who enroll in the Leader option for their project area will show up on the project leader lists and receive communications sent to leaders.
Upon completion of a member’s online enrollment, the enrollment will not be approved by the Green County UW-Extension Office until the dues have been received by our office from the club leader. Please refer to your club leader for the deadline to pay your 2015-16 dues. This also applies to returning adult leaders who register as volunteers.
2015-16 Membership Dues: In 2015-16, dues for members, including Cloverbuds, are $15.00 per member. This covers accident insurance, state dues and county dues. Even though members are enrolled online, individual payment for 4-H enrollment is still paid to the individual 4-H Club.
2015-16 Leader Dues: The annual dues for enrolled 4-H adult volunteer leaders is $5.00 per leader. This covers annual accident insurance and background checks runs on each volunteer every four years.
- Returning Adult Leaders – Some clubs choose to pay the Leader Dues for their adult volunteers, while other clubs ask that the volunteer pays the $5 dues. Please check with your club organizational leader(s) to find out what is your club’s policy and what the deadline is for paying dues.
- New Adult Leaders – All new adult volunteers, before beginning their 4-H leader role, must enroll through 4HOline, complete the New Volunteer Orientation process (includes online and face-to-face training), and pay the $5 leader dues. These leader dues need to be paid at the time of the face-to-face New Volunteer training. Adults interested in becoming 4-H adult volunteer leaders will have several opportunities to attend the required face-to-face New Volunteer Orientation throughout the winter months. The first New Volunteer Orientation opportunity will be offered: Wednesday, November 18th, 7:00-9:00pm, Green County Justice Center, Room #1.