Green County Leaders
Mission Current Class Site
To provide an educational program where individuals practice leadership skills, deepen their understanding of community issues and prepare for leadership roles, thereby creating a network of individuals committed to the future of Green County.
Green County Leaders is designed to build community leadership. Participants meet for an orientation (August), nine all-day sessions (September through May), and an evening graduation (May). Sessions focus on building community leadership skills (i.e. consensus building, decision-making, team building) and raising awareness of community issues (i.e. Healthcare, Economic Development, Land Use). Participants also learn about the history, structure and resources of Green County communities. The program is made possible through a partnership of the Green County Development Corporation, UW-Extension Green County, the Monroe Campus of Blackhawk Technical College, and Local Business and Government Stakeholders.
By expanding the base of skilled and informed leaders, community leadership programs contribute to increased community capacity to respond to change. Green County Leaders is one of more than two dozen community leadership programs in the State of Wisconsin. The program benefits communities, employers and individuals– See the attached GCL Promotional Posters.
Program Participation and Application
We are looking for individuals who represent a variety of backgrounds and interest and who desire to serve their community. Participants should live or work in Green County and be committed to personal, career and community growth. To apply complete the program application and return it to the Green County Development Corporation at 1016 – 16th Avenue, Monroe, WI 53566.
- Green County Leaders 10 Year Report (pdf)
- Green County Leaders Class Dates Schedule 2014-2015 (pdf)
- Green County Leaders Application & Instructions 2014-2015 (pdf)
- Green County Leaders- Fillable Application 2014-2015
- What Our Current Green County Leaders Graduates are saying… (pdf)
An active community leadership network
- County-wide collaborations
- Increased citizen participation in community issues
- Employees prepared for community service
- Employer is represented as a good corporate citizen
- Employer has involvement and a voice in county activities
- Increased awareness of the issues that face Green County
- Enhanced individual leadership skills
- Expanded personal network of local leaders
We are currently completing a comprehensive evaluation of the program and its impacts. As data is available we will post it to this area.
Green County Leaders Alumni
Green County Leaders is a joint effort made possible by UW Extension-Green County and the Green County Development Corporation. Green County Development Corporation, a charitable 501(c)3 non-profit organization, provides the financial management of the program. Donations for the program are tax deductible. If you are interested in providing funding to support GCL scholarships or other resources for the program, please contact us at 608-328-9452.
Green County UW-Extension
Community Resource Development Educator