Childcare Provider Training
Local Childcare training classes offered. Read the brochure to find out more information and to register!
Additional Resources for Childcare Providers:
- American Academy of PediatricsA web resource that promotes optimal physical, mental and emotional health for infants, children, adolescents and young adults. Excellent parenting education resources.
- Better Kid Care Workshop Series
Professional development resource for childcare providers.
- I Am Your ChildA national non-profit organization dedicated to raising awareness about the importance of early childhood development and school readiness
- National Association for the Education of Young ChildrenNational resource and accreditation agency for childcare facilities.
- National Institute of Out-of-School TimeResources and research for school-age care.
- Extension’s National Network for Child Care
Lots of different resouces, like finding childcare conferences, finding activities, learning about the profession, networking and more!
- Mealtime Memo for ChildcareAn electronic newsletter for childcare providers that contains important information on nutrition and meal preparation. It contains current newsletters and archives.
- PBS TeachersFree access to activities and curricula that enhance learning for preschoolers and school-age kids.
- Parenting the First YearIn this set of 12 newsletters, find out from child development experts how your baby changes during each month of the first year. Get the latest information on child development, child guidance, language development, nutrition, health, safety, child care, changes in family life, and much more.
- Parenting the 2nd & 3rd Years In this set of 12 newsletters, find out from child development experts how your toddler changes during each two months of the second and third years. Guiding and caring for your child these next two years will take a lot of your attention, encouragement, patience, humor – and a sense of wonder. Get the latest information on child development, child guidance, language development, children and television, nutrition, health, safety, child care, taking care of yourself, and much more.
- Parenting Together While Apart NewslettersParent education and child development information for parents who are divorced or who have never married. Six newsletters covering various topics.
- Parenting the PreschoolerParenting the Preschooler is a newsletter designed for parents of preschool age children.The goals are to:
- enhance the parent-child relationship
- increase parent confidence
- reduce parent stress
The Packard Foundation’s Future of Children Journal
A research journal with topics on child and youth development, public policy and education.
- Provider-Parent Relationships: Childcare providers joining with parents to support childrens well-being.This site is dedicated to helping providers and parents give better support to children as they grow. It is written for child care providers-those who take care of infants and toddlers, preschoolers, or school-age children. It explains how providers can work with parents and talk with them about many different issues. To support parents, the site includes materials that providers can print out and share with them.
- Purdue Provider ParentResource for enhancing your relationship with parents and families, and problem-solving parent-provider issues.
- UW-Extension Early Care and Parenting Education Resources