Need Help Getting Your 2014 Taxes Done?
Volunteer Tax Aide counselors trained & certified by the IRS will provide
FREE one-on-one assistance helping older low to moderate income individuals complete their tax forms. There is no age restriction.
Tax Prep Flyer – Where to get help with your taxes.
Want More Money in Your Pocket 2015 – 2014 Tax Information
For up-to-date tax credit information and tax forms, go to: http://fyi.uwex.edu/eitc/.
- Free annual credit report, annualcreditreport.com
- Online financial education, http://www.greenpath.com/university
- Resources for accredited debt counseling and credit problems, https://www.nfcc.org/index.php
- Understanding Credit, Debt and Bankruptcy handouts and resources: http://fyi.uwex.edu/buildingbucks/credit-management-credit-counseling-and-bankruptcy/
- Budgets and spending plans:
- Planning to Stay Ahead – basic money management: http://learningstore.uwex.edu/assets/pdfs/b3478.pdf
- Budgeting lessons/handouts, http://fyi.uwex.edu/buildingbucks/budgeting-basics/
- Saving and setting financial goals:
- General: http://fyi.uwex.edu/buildingbucks/savings-and-investment-basics/
- Emergency Fund: http://www.americasaves.org/for-savers/set-a-goal-what-to-save-for/save-for-emergencies
- Retirement: http://fyi.uwex.edu/buildingbucks/retirement-planning-and-savings/, http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/retirement/retirement-calculator.aspx
- College: http://529.wi.gov/, http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/college-planning/save-for-college-calculator.aspx
- Estate planning: http://learningstore.uwex.edu/Assets/pdfs/B1442.pdf
- Financial coaching:
- Scams, Fraud and Identity Theft: http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/topics/privacy-identity, http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/scam-alerts
- Rent Smart Class:
- Held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month from 9 am – 2:30 pm at the Green County Human Services Auditorium (N3152 Hwy 81, Monroe).
- To receive your Certificate of Completion you must attend the ENTIRE SESSION.
- Free Pizza Lunch is served at every class!
- Topics Covered:
- How Much Will it Cost?
- Money for Rent.
- Making the Most of Your Credit Report.
- Finding a Place to Live.
- Checking Out the Rental Unit and the Landlord.
- The Rental Application Process.
- Understanding Rental Agreements.
- Maintenance: Who is Responsible for What?
- Home Maintenance: Keeping it Clean and Safe.
- Communicating with Your Landlord and Neighbors.
- Moving On: Notice, Security Deposits and Evictions.