Welcome to the Green County 4-H Horse & Pony Project! Below is information and forms relating to the Horse & Pony Project. Leader names and contact numbers are also included on this page for your reference.
If you have any questions regarding the Green County 4-H Horse & Pony Project, please contact the Green County UW-Extension Office at 328-9440.
Horse Committee Meeting
Tuesday, December 12, 2017
6:30 – 7:30 PM
WisLine Room, Green County Justice Center, Monroe
2017.10.10 Horse Committee Meeting Minutes
Horse Project Movie Night!
Saturday, January 20, 2018 (snow date is Saturday, January 27)
6:30 – 8:30 PM
Rooms 1-3, Green County Justice Center, Monroe
All Horse Project members are welcome to attend our movie night! We will be showing The Black Stallion and have snacks available.
Horse Project Kick Off Meeting
Sunday, March 11, 2018
1:00 – 3:00 PM
Rooms 2 & 3, Green County Justice Center, Monroe
Any youth interested in participating in the Horse & Pony project is encouraged to join us for our 2018 project kick off meeting! We’ll be collecting project fees ($25/youth, no more than $50/family) and paperwork, and there will be a safety clinic put on by youth. All horse families will be receiving a mailing with more information in late January. All new project members that attend the kick off meeting will receive a free new helmet thanks to a generous donation by Janelle Eckdhal!
2017 Horse Project Information and Forms – Will be updated for 2018 in February
- 2017 Horse & Pony Project Letter
- 2017 Horseless Horse Project Letter
- Horse & Pony Project Handbook – revised 2017
- Picture ID Letter
- Picture ID Form – Due to UWEX office May 1 at 4:30pm (along with a copy of current coggins)
- Lease Agreement – Due to UWEX office May 1 at 4:30pm
- Code of Conduct Form – Due to UWEX office March 1 at 4:30pm (along with dues payment – $25/youth, no more than $50/family)
- Guidelines & Policies Form
- Educational & Service Form – Due to UWEX office July 3 at 4:30pm
- High Point Rules
- High Point Sign Up – Due to UWEX office March 1 at 4:30pm
- High Point Form – Due to UWEX office October 31 at 4:30pm
- 2017 Horse & Pony Project Calendar
- 2017 Horse & Pony Committee Contact Info
- Horse Class Terminology
- Program Safety Regulations
- Horse Show Truck & Trailer Checklist
- Stephenson County 4-H Horse Clinic Registration
- 2017 Green County 4-H Horse & Pony Apparel Order Form
2017 Horse Show Bills
- Pre-Fair Show Bill – Saturday, June 24
- Fair Show Bill – Saturday, July 15
- Open Barrel Race Show Bill – Wednesday, July 19
Are you knowledgeable about horses or do you want to learn more about them? Then Horse Bowl is for you! This group meets and answers questions from 4-H practice books. In a quiz bowl format, the team uses “buzzers” to jump in to answer a question. The youth learn about various horse topics such as nutrition, showing, breeds, reproduction, and much more. They also compete at a State competition. If you are interested in joining the team, please contact the UW-Extension office.
The horse judging team meets regularly to review videos about learning how to judge horses in various disciplines. They also travel to barns to judge live horses. At the State Horse Expo, the team competes against other teams with or without oral reasons. For more information on Horse Judging, contact Roger Vogel (608-558-1570).
Horse Resource Sites
2016-2017 Green County 4-H Horse and Pony Project Committee
Kelly Butler, Secretary (Term expires 2019); email
Debra Krebs (Terms expires 2017); 608-347-3326, email
Linda Montgomery, 608-426-2531, email
Julie McGuire (Terms expires 2017)
Marlie Nauta (Terms expires 2017)
Candy Benner (Term expires 2018)
Janelle Eckdhal, 608-325-5400