The City of Brodhead values the youth in our community. The purpose of the Youth in Government program is to create a model of youth empowerment within Brodhead through direct participation in local government. The overall goal is to bring the youth voice to community issues and concerns while fostering the development of confident, independent, and motivated youth leaders.
The Brodhead City Council warmly offers its guidance to all YIG youth and leaders, and extends its wish of success to all participants.
The City of Brodhead invites eligible youth to apply for youth seats on City of Brodhead Council. Youth terms will run from September – May. Youth will have an advisory vote on the Council and the committee on which they serve. Support and mentorship will be provided to youth in order to make this the best learning experience possible.
- Youth will apply in the spring semester of their freshman, sophomore, or junior year of high school.
- Youth must have a grade point average of 2.5 or greater on a 4.0 scale.
- Youth must either attend the Brodhead School District or be a City of Brodhead resident.
- Youth must commit to attending a mandatory YIG orientation prior to taking the Oath of Office.
- Monday, August 21, 2017, 8:30-11:30am, Green County Historic Courthouse, Monroe
- Tuesday, August 22, 2017, 12:30-2:30pm, Brodhead City Hall
Brodhead Youth in Government swearing in ceremony will be held:
- Monday, September 11, 2017, Brodhead City Hall
The City of Brodhead’s Youth in Government program is guided by the framework laid out in the 2016 City of Brodhead Youth in Government Handbook.
This program is made possible through a partnership between the City of Brodhead, the Brodhead School District, and Green County UW-Extension.
Community Resource Development Educator
608-328-9440 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4-H Youth Development Educator
608-328-9440 Email: email@example.com